In keeping with his city theme, here are 5 cities I have toured; which one is the lie?
2. san francisco
Place your bets, folks!
1. TRUE. 1970, 2 years after the student riots. I was on a French study trip with some fellow high school students and my French teacher. I was 15 and about to start 11th grade. I still have my photos and can still remember the places I visited.
2. TRUE. 1980s with my ex-spouse. Expensive city, but beautiful.Would like to return and meet up with Raybeard! And get some real sourdough bread too!
3. TRUE. Last stop on the 1970 tour (see #1 for details). I also visited Rome, Geneva, Bern, Lausanne on this trip. 4. LIE. I have never been to TX ever. 5. TRUE. 1980s with my ex-spouse. Very interesting city, strange streets, had my first taste of Starbucks house blend here and shopped at the flagship Nordstroms. And I never did get to the top of the Space Needle; it was closed due to a fire. :(
Bob got it right! Jim should have not changed his mind. ;-)
Lots o shit swirling around in the toilet bowl
that is my brain. Let's capture some of it here.
It's been hot as fucking hell for a fucking week now. My energy is zapped. Fuck you, global warming!
My boss gave me a 5% raise! Spouse's boss gave him a 4.5% raise! Yeah, we still in the 47% though. Fuck you, Mittens Romney! I still wanna punch George Zimmerman in his ugly face over and over and over again. Fuck you, Florida!
OK, enough rants; on to happy things!
I just had vanilla frozen yogurt with fresh berries (straw, blue, black, rasp) for lunch at menchie's.
Miss Nyla sitting pretty on the sunporch. She has her eye on some squirrels.
Thanks to Ron and RJ, I can now label this as a butterfly bush (heh heh heh, I said "bush").
Belladonna (no sign of Stevie Nicks though).
Black-eyed Susans (why not Gertrudes? or Millicents?)
Spouse's first garden pickings; cherry tomatoes! 45 of them so far!
And it would not be a blog entry without something from the kitchen, right?
Since NJ (pronounced joisey or joy-zee) blueberries are in season (and cheap) right now, I made a blueberry cake. Spouse doesn't really like blueberries, but he loved this cake! And damn if blueberries are not good for ya too!
Here are 5 cars I have owned (1972-present); which one is the lie?
1. hyundai elantra
2. ford pinto
3. chevy monte carlo
4. pontiac sunbird 5. volkswagon beetle
Place your bets, folks!
1. TRUE. my current car, purchased used in 2006.
2. TRUE. sorry to disappoint all y'all. my parents bought this for me in 1972 when I graduated high school; they had a death wish for me. I drove it until 1977, when it broke down for good; only had 77K miles on it. and I didn't die, which made the parents quiet unhappy.
3. TRUE. I owned this one from 1980-1991. it was a lucky car; purchased 8-8-80 with 8 miles on it.
4. TRUE. I owned this one from 1977-1980. what a piece of shit!
5. LIE. I have never owned a beetle; my old man did though.
and I cannot believe raybeard has never driven a car or even owned a car! in this country, it's a right of passage!
I see no one got this quiz right; oh well, try try again. :(
Here are 5 jobs I have had from 1970-2013; which one is the lie?
1. variety store cashier
2. book manuscript typist
3. hotel front desk clerk
4. customer service center telephone worker
5. office manager
Place your bets, folks!
Well, since Raybeard is so impatient, I guess I had better respond. ;-) 1. variety store cashier - TRUE. my first job at age 16. the store owner paid me under the table in cash (not exactly kosher), and they wanted me to (a) dust the glass display shelves and (b) follow the customer around the small store as if the person were a common thief. well! (a) - I hate housework and (b) - WRONG on every count! I didn't last too long there.
2. book manuscript typist - TRUE. mid-1970s, pre-computer days, IBM selectric typewriter with carbon paper in between the sheets. I did this job for a college professor; he paid me in booze. The book sold about 100 copies.
3. hotel front desk clerk - TRUE. for 3 weeks in 2000; sweet mother of pearl, what a load of horseshit! I don't know how dear Ron puts up with the crap. plus all my co-workers smoked at the desk whilst on duty. my allergies were not happy.
4. customer service center telephone worker - LIE. I would not take a job like this EVAH!
5. office manager - TRUE. this is my current position; going on 10 years now.
Cripes, I have not done one of these since April! I thought I would steal this from Jim. Here are 5 things about me; which one is the lie? 1. I own 3 pairs of shoes. 2. I like to drink a margarita occasionally. 3. I hate touching dirt in the yard. 4. I am meeting Buddybear in August! 5. I just celebrated my 24th year "cancer birthday". Place your bets, folks! ******************** I have a guest blogger providing the answers today: the spouse!
1. TRUE. And thank you, Jay, for setting this one up for me. ("No lady has ONLY three pairs of shoes.") “That’s no lady, that’s my wife!” (ba dum ching!)
AM says: 3 pairs = 1 pair of house slippers, 1 pair of everyday black clogs, 1 pair of snow boots. that's it; that's all I need. dr. spo has more pairs that I do, and he's a guy! PS - whoever said I am a lady doesn't know me very well!
2. LIE!Bingo! Okay,
this could be a technicality with the word occasionally in the sentence,
i.e., she could wolf a pitcher of these salt-rimmed babies down every weekend! Margaritas
are made with tequila, and this liquor is on Anne Marie’s Short List
(But Always Subject to Perpetual Additions) of Dislikes.
AM says: I have never gotten into tequila. or tila tequila, for that matter.
3. TRUE.Dirt is another entry on Anne Marie’s Short List of Dislikes. We shall never witness Anne Marie pulling up weeds in the side yard. I
suspect she might hate touching dirt on the remote chance that the soil
may have come in contact with another entry on her list of Dislikes: vegetables.
AM says: I was born in the city. city kids touch concrete, not dirt. my hands were not born to touch dirt. (diva much?)
4. TRUE.This is the worst kept secret since Eric Snowden came home to his girlfriend and said, “Hey, honey! Guess what I told The Guardian today? Everything!!!!”
AM says: my boyfriends are such gossip-whores! ;-)
5. TRUE.Which means next year we get a party. I will insist!
AM says: I'm there, dude! bring on the chippendale dancers and the cosmos!