Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Liar Liar Pants On Fire! (#7) - Update

Cripes, I have not done one of these since April!

I thought I would steal this from Jim

Here are 5 things about me; which one is the lie?

1. I own 3 pairs of shoes.

2. I like to drink a margarita occasionally.

3. I hate touching dirt in the yard.

4. I am meeting Buddybear in August!

5. I just celebrated my 24th year "cancer birthday".

Place your bets, folks!

********************

I have a guest blogger providing the answers today: the spouse!

1.  TRUE.  And thank you, Jay, for setting this one up for me.  ("No lady has ONLY three pairs of shoes.")  “That’s no lady, that’s my wife!” (ba dum ching!)

AM says: 3 pairs = 1 pair of house slippers, 1 pair of everyday black clogs, 1 pair of snow boots.  that's it; that's all I need.  dr. spo has more pairs that I do, and he's a guy!  PS - whoever said I am a lady doesn't know me very well!

2.  LIE!  Bingo!  Okay, this could be a technicality with the word occasionally in the sentence, i.e., she could wolf a pitcher of these salt-rimmed babies down every weekend!  Margaritas are made with tequila, and this liquor is on Anne Marie’s Short List (But Always Subject to Perpetual Additions) of Dislikes. 

AM says: I have never gotten into tequila.  or tila tequila, for that matter.

3.  TRUE.  Dirt is another entry on Anne Marie’s Short List of Dislikes.  We shall never witness Anne Marie pulling up weeds in the side yard.  I suspect she might hate touching dirt on the remote chance that the soil may have come in contact with another entry on her list of Dislikes: vegetables.  

AM says: I was born in the city.  city kids touch concrete, not dirt.  my hands were not born to touch dirt.  (diva much?)

4.  TRUE.  This is the worst kept secret since Eric Snowden came home to his girlfriend and said, “Hey, honey!  Guess what I told The Guardian today?  Everything!!!!”

AM says: my boyfriends are such gossip-whores! ;-)

5.  TRUE.  Which means next year we get a party.  I will insist!

AM says:  I'm there, dude!  bring on the chippendale dancers and the cosmos! 

Congrats to Nadege and Mistress Maddie for selecting the correct answer!

25 comments:

  1. You love cosmos so unless you hate tequila, then you'd enjoy an occasional margarita. I think you love yard work but could still hate toughing the dirt. I know you'll be meeting BuddyBear and NO ONE would lie about their cancer free birthday. I think you actually have 5 pairs of shoes. #1 is the lie with my B answer being #3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea but I would agree with Sean mostly. Hard to guess when you don't know someone at all but I think you might drink margaritas everyday. I'll go for # 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwhahahahahahahaha! that is what makes this fun (not knowing someone)!

      Delete
  3. I think #3 is the lie. I think you love to dig in the dirt (gardening)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a tough one, but I too am going with #3 as the lie...

    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta be #1. No lady has ONLY 3 pairs of shoes.
    And I want to meet Buddy Bear, too! I'm jealous! He's cool!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well tootes, since we just started reading each other, I have to say 2 is the lie. Because your a riot, so drinking a margarita occasionally just won't do. I think it is more than occasional. 4 and 5 have to be true, and I can't imagine some dirt will keep YOU away! The dirty then better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie: I'll spill the beans on one of the choices. I can't wait to meet you in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh honey, EVERY ONE of my boyfriends knows #4 is true; the grapevine reaches far and wide! hopefully you will not be disappointed.

      Delete
  8. I say this .... 3. I hate touching dirt in the yard. .... is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going with #1 (shoes) because you are an unusual gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will just have to wait...

      (cue cyndi lauper's "she's so unusual")

      Delete
  10. if you really only have 3 pairs, I can lend you the ones Ron gave me; not my style :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will just have to wait...

      (PS - not my style either; high heels are bad for your body in general!)

      Delete
  11. I'm going with 1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the shout out! SMOOCHES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all my boyfriends equally! smooches and hugs back atcha!

      Delete