Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Lost Weekend

So Friday I went from Philly to DC to see these guys.

Here's what they look like, in case you have forgotten, or have been living under a rock or something:



After they picked me up at a local metro station (see Blobby, we know the correct term), we went out for lunch, then came back and crashed at their apartment for several hours.  We had Chinese food for dinner.  Cubby made a pound cake all by himself (using my recipe):


and we topped it with fresh strawberries for dessert.  We also consumed cosmos and watched "Polyester"; OMFG, the acting (if you can call it that), the storyline, the "scratch-n-sniff" card - campy fun!  RIP, Divine!  It was late in the evening when they drove me to my hotel (aka the sooper seekret bunker).

Saturday - off to the gayborhood!  (sings it's a beautiful day in the gayborhood, a beautiful day for a gaybor...).  Brunch and bookstores and embassy architecture perusing.  There may or may not have been some gawking at hawt menz.  Unfortunately, I didn't see anything I liked.  Then a trip on the metro to Eastern Market, a combo farmers/flea market and bazaar.  Greg purchased some handmade peppermint soap.  Cubby decided he would cook dinner for us, so off to the supermarket and liquor store before returning to their apartment.  Cubby has the incriminating evidence of how drunk we were on cosmos.  Greg, bless his heart, remained sober so that he could drive me back to the bunker.  Oh yeah, and we drunk-called Kelly and Sassybear.

Today was go home day for me, so I bought the boys a good breakfast.  They accompanied me to the Amtrak train station, then left me to the wolves to go exploring the monuments (Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, MLK).

I had a wonderful time with Cubby and Greg!  Thank for the memories!  Smooches!

20 comments:

  1. What a great time and the perfect weather. I miss DC sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it WAS perfect; not too hot, not too cold. as baby bear said, it's jusssssttttt right! smooches!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! Sounds like a fantastic day... I'd so love to see the boys again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then get your cute arse on a plane to dc! in conversation about our mutual friends, you were one of the people I mentioned that I would love to meet!

      Delete
  3. Jolly good fun ! I don't know of whom I am more jealous - you for meeting them or the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it WAS jolly good fun! you were another one of the people I mentioned that I would love to meet! any medical conventions coming up for you for philly or dc?

      Delete
  4. Yay! We had a great weekend with you, Anne Marie. I have some really good pics I'll post tomorrow. Sorry, I'm just too tired tonight. After we saw you off at the train station we spent the whole day in the sun seeing the monuments around the mall. And yes, after 20 years of trying we finally made it over to the other side of the tidal basin to see the Jefferson Memorial.

    We enjoyed every minute with you and hope you come back again soon. Smooches xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. liar liar panties on fire! :)

      you guys sure know how to make a girl feel special; I had a blast!

      the train ride to philly was uneventful, and I was back in my home by 3:30p. I am not sure the cats missed me; the spouse did (I think).

      smooches and {{{{{hugs}}}}} and love to you both!

      Delete
    2. Cubby,

      You not seeing the Jefferson Memorial for 20 years reminds me of when I worked in center city Philadelphia and not once taking a walk down to visit Independence Hall. Something I was always "going to do." Never did it. I'm glad you had a fun visit from Anne Marie. She's a lot of fun. I love her attitude!

      Ron

      Delete
  5. @Sean, as we make the trip we'll just have to visit Anne Marie. She's the one who send me the Shirt of Shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. damn str8 (or gay) I did! and I was happy to do so; I feel special that I got to move the shirt along on its overseas tour.

      it would RAWK to meet my eurofriends in person!

      Delete
    2. RAWK? That made me pause. I think I get it now - and if so, likewise, A.M.

      Delete
    3. Had to look RAWK up @ Urban Dictionairy. You RAWK too Girl!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. you KNOW IT, honey! perfect hosts, perfect weather, perfect cosmos. what's not to like? :)

      Delete
  7. Polyester!
    I love that flick.....acting? Who needs acting?
    "Lulu, have you been dancing lewdly for the boys?"
    "For a quarter I will!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time. Any time the decision to cook dinner necessitates a trip to the liquor store there is bound to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So who were the two cuties in the picture? THAT'S CUBBY? Wow. I'm glad you had a good weekend Anne Marie. We gay boys do know how to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cubby is on the left, his hubby greg is on the right. yah, cubby's HAWT!

      and gay boyz (and str8 girls) just wanna have fun! check out cubby's blog for more pix!

      Delete