Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sharing the Season

I finally got the giftmas tree decorated today.  I also did laundry and fixed the upstairs toilet and went to the gym.  But that's not why I am here.

I thought I would share some of my tree ornaments with my boyfriends, since all y'all are so damn far away.

First up:



My ceramic yellow submarine; I'mma looking for blue meanies (or redumblicans) to conquer.

Next:



Beavis and Butthead.  Because I am 12.  Nyah nyah nyah!

Next:



A cousin of mine made this about 50 years ago; she made from an egg shell and added beads and ribbon and the lil angel.

Next:



This is a painted crab shell I bought in Baltimore MD last year.  It is the logo of my baseball team, the Philadelphia Phillies.  Less than 60 days til baseball season starts!

Finally:



The first ornament spouse and I bought; it says "Our First Christmas Together, 1991".

Certainly not a traditional tree, by any stretch of the imagination.

I leave you with this image:



I figured sassybear would like this one!

HAVE A VERY BEARY GIFTMAS! :-)

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek at your tree! I didn't know Beavis and Butthead were gay.... it looks like they're in a sweet embrace!

    The eggshell decoration is a great idea.... my daughters would love to make some of those.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B&B are fighting over a package. but we can pretend they are gay! :)

      joyeux noel, buddy bear! smooches! :)

      Delete
  2. Honey we survived! We are still here! its 12/22/2012....
    :-)
    I have been out of town, working and had a cold, sorry for my abscence. Thank you for being here!!!'Great ornaments.
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FUCK YEAH! the mayans were fulla shit!

      thanks for dropping in; happy holidays to you and your husband! hope you are feeling better!

      smooches!

      Delete
  3. I love the yellow submarine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it IS precious, isn't it? it's a hallmark keepsake, dated for the year 2000, sculpted by nello williams. why yes, I AM reading off the ornament storage box! :)

      "yellow submarine" is a fave movie of mine. smooches! :)

      Delete
  4. The yellow sub is my fave! You all have a merry happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joyeux noel et bonne annee, mon ami! smooches!

      Delete
  5. Very nice post! I love seeing the ornaments that are special to people and hearing about why. I especially like the angel in the eggshell your cousin made. That's so special you've saved it all this time.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear! you and your husband have a good xmas! smooches!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you, dear! smooches to you and greg; happy holidays! :)

      Delete
  7. Why, you know me so well, princess ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smooches! I don't even know where the bear came from; it's just a part of the holiday decorations. glad you like it; happy holidays to you and jeffrey and the doggies!

      Delete
  8. Anne Marie,

    What a great idea for a post, baring all your ornaments for the world to see! Christmas tree ornaments that is.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO ONE gets to see the ta-tas but me myself and I! ;-)

      not that my boyfriends would be interested in my boobs anyway.

      smooches! :)

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas Anne Marie! I hope Santa was very generous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear! santa has not been here yet; currently 8:30p on 12/24. he's probably still in europe somewhere. :)

      Delete
  10. While not so much into the 'Jesus' part of Christmas, I really enjoy Christmas for its decorations and beauty. Your ornaments are unique and terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no jeebus here; the day holds no religious undertones for me.

      and I have so many ornaments that I rotate them thru the years. these are perhaps 1/8th of my stash. 1/2 my stash is handmade by me or someone else, the rest are purchased.

      Delete