Here are 5 things about me; which one is the lie?
1. I have horrible spring allergies.
2. My spouse is philadelphia born and bred (as am I).
3. I like to swim.
4. I collect shot glasses from places I visit.
5. My spouse writes a blog.
Place your bets, folks!
I have a guest blogger providing the answers this time: the spouse!
1. Technically TRUE; her spring allergies last all year round…as do mine for the last few years.
2. TRUE. Raybeard raises an interesting point. I was born in Philly, then moved at age 10 to an upstate Pennsylvania hamlet called Catawissa, hardly a city. Thus I like to believe that I was raised in urban Pennsylvania and rural Pennsylvania (or, as we refer to it, North Alabama).
3. FALSE! Girlfriend has never had a swimming lesson and has no intention of ever taking a swimming lesson. Her loss! (AM says: truth be told, I am afraid of water, heights, and enclosed spaces)
4. TRUE. I collect shot glasses from places I visit. I learned in one of my earliest phone conversations with Anne Marie that this was something we had in common (cue Twilight Zone theme!) Our shot glasses are bought, carefully wrapped, brought home, carefully unwrapped, cataloged, and placed on a shelf crowded with about 400+ other examples of short glassware where they collect dust, untouched by alcohol. I know…terrible waste of a shot glass, but go figure.
5. TRUE. These comments were brought to you by arteejee.blogspot.com. Oh, wretched world! (cue melodramatic gesture of hand against forehead.) Can it be true? Can it be that some of you have not experienced the satirical musings of arteejee.blogspot.com? I blame the conservative media! Damn you, Fox News, damn you!