OK, now that I am back from the blogger meetup, I will answer all your thoughtful questions!
From The Dog's Mother: Have you always lived in your area? or are you a transplant?
I am a born and bred Philadelphian and damn proud of it. I lived in the Philadelphia area from 1954-1979, the Northern VA area from 1979-1999, then came back home. Smartest move I ever made. There's no place like home!
Not yet. Now that we are back from our too-short vacation, we will concentrate on finding Nyla a brother or sister. Nyla is doing well, as are we. But we WILL be adopting another kitty soon!
From MAC: Can you share the story about how you met your Hubby?
Easy peasy! He placed a personal ad in a local Washington DC free weekly paper. His ad mentioned "Monty Python". Yeah. I'm easy like that. One year after we met, we were married.
From Bob: Regarding you and RTG--I spell it that way--how long have you been together?
RTG are his initials; hence arteejee the blog. We met October 17, 1991; married October 17, 1992; 23 years.
From King Raybeard (the dear) and David Jeffries: When did you realise you were heterosexual? And was it a shock?
About age 4 or 5; the next door neighbor boy and I played "doctor". I have always liked boys; girls don't "light my fire" like boys do! Not a shock, cause I was born this way hey!
From Mistress Maddie: If you could have any
three people, living or dead over for dinner and drinks, who would you
1 - Eleanor Roosevelt
2 - my maternal grandmother (1902-1988)
3 - Fred Rogers (it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...)
Of course, I would have them over one at a time because I would pump them with questions!
From Helena: heh heh heh.....I'm in blog Heaven here - everyone is pleasantly mad!! FUCK YEAH!
Anonymous (AKA spouse), go to your room, you have been watching too much MST3K!
1. Have you ever kissed a girl and liked it? nope, would never do it; I don't like girls. bitches.
2. What is your favorite food? one particular food, or foods of different types? I like chinese, japanese, vietnamese, italian, thai, seafood, BBQ, indian. at a restaurant, I always order chicken (something) or seafood (something) or pork (for BBQ). not too keen on turkey, or beef (except for hamburgers).
3. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite food to make? I do cook, although I like to bake better than cook. breads & cakes are my best baked goods! spouse cooks meals better than I do.
4. Have you ever been to a renaissance faire, would you go after seeing my pics? went to the MD renfest several times when I lived in the area.
5. Have you ever given someone a 'lap dance'? ;) nope, would never do it; my "charms" are my own
6. Where is your favorite vacation spot? any place that is NOT work-related! city, beach, mountains - it's all good!