"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." - Steven Wright
I never heard this one before - - I love it!
WHOA! the cowboy weighs in first this week! YEE-HAW!where were you in the early 90s; oasis was touted as the second coming of john lennon! til the gallagher brothers began fighting...
M'ning A.m.You'll appreciate why I wasn't first this time - living life in the slow lane will be the prudent watchword for a while yet - besides I'm only just starting to regain the ability to two-hand typing again, but it's coming back gradually.Yes. Oasis, turned out to be (yet) another false dawn. (The second Beatles, indeed! Hah!) As you say, the Gallagher sibling rivalry put an end to their venture but they'd started fading long before the inevitable happened. They did have their moments, 'Wonderwall' being one of them, but their legacy will be nowhere near as long-lasting as, well, even some other groups. But it was really Noel's songwriting brains to which the group owed its success, less so to younger bro Liam's rasping vocals.I'd assumed that this was one of their several British #1s but I see that it only got to second here. It's also not among their few American chart-toppers though I don't know how high it got in Billboard.You may care to check out Mike Flower's version of this song, a 60's parody of it, which also got to number two here, in the year following Oasis's hit with it.
progress in any measure is a good thing!hope the pussies are being good nurses!
I owe 90% of my slow recovery to pussy-presence, A.M., bless 'em (but they make no allowances to me at feeding time) - the other 10% tI owe o some judicious and regular application of ice. Still way to go but it's proceeding in the right direction. My biggest fear now is doing another tumble, even inside this flat, before I've re-gained pre-accident status, so have to take things deliberately slowly to make darn sure that doesn't happen.
bless the kitties all!
This one never grows old. OH, Oasis... so much promise. I hope your summer is going well. 1 more week until another school year begins. Jr. goes into the 6th grade... my little boy is growing up (tear).HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!!XOXOMAC
summer has actually been cool - like right now the windows are open, there is low humidity, and temps in the 60s. MY KINDA SUMMER!in this area, most schools go back after labor day; some the week before.
I never knew this was Oasis. Thanks for posting.
you are most welcome, dear! say, have you ever met stevie b of "nice to see stevie b"? just curious.