Friday, November 17, 2017

Ask Me Anything - Part 5 (Answers)

Jeffrey Rich - What began your journey to become such a strong advocate for teh geys? this question is the one that required the most thinking.  my late uncle (1930-1968) was gay, but I did not find out that fact until 1986.  it was a verboten subject in my family.  and I didn't find out from my family, but through a friend of my uncle's.  my uncle was never allowed to live his life outside the closet. :(

when I took up knitting as a hobby in 2001, I began to read knitting blogs; several of those blogs were written by gay men.  through those men, I found other gay male blogs (non-knitters).  I started leaving comments on their blogs before I myself had a blog.

I never have had many friends in my life until "my gay boyfriends" came along.  I like hanging with gay men because they see me as an intelligent, fun, confident woman; to them, I am NOT a piece of ass they can fuck and discard like a snotty tissue (yes, I AM looking at YOU, str8 males).  with them I can be myself instead of having to be someone I'm not.  there are no expectations, no demands, no promises.  just FABULOUS FUN!

gay people have enough enemies/h8ers.  it's more fun to be friends/allies!

Blogoratti - Looks like a fun theme, so here goes...Why did you start blogging? I was dared into it by several blogger friends.  I started leaving comments on their blogs, so...

Jimmy - What makes you so irresistible? Like moths to a flame. damned if I know...

Linda deV - Have you lived in philly all your life and what is your feeling about your city. born and bred philadelphian and damn proud of it!  Except for the period 1979-1999, I have lived my life in the city and around the suburbs.  my city is historical and modern and fun and funky and FABULOUS!

Raybeard -Who cuts your toenails? Is it you, RTG - or do you, like me, have to make an appointment every three months for a chiropodist to do it for you at a toe-curling (sorry!) price? RTG and I go to a local nail salon; no appointment necessary, just walk right in!  Cost is $30 each.

jadedj - Nothing deep or pointed, just a curiosity question...is that your house with the rainbow flag over on the right? no, I stole that pix from kelly stern; he blogs at http://www.ramblingalong.com.

Bob Slatten - I have a cold. Would you come to my house and make me soup? No, seriously. I have a cold and I need soup! my poor bob; hope you are feeling better.  I would probably make some chicky noodle soup with fat-free broth, a (shredded) rotisserie chicken, and egg noodles.

The Midnight Magpie - I assume you went to college. Are you doing the profession you went for or something completely different? yes; absolutely not!  I have 2 degrees (A.A.S. in travel/tourism and a B.A. in economics).  I am the office manager for a 7-person manufacturing company.

Ravager619 - What is your favorite adult beverage? (non-alcoholic) fruit-flavored sparking water; (alcoholic) gin gimlet

Jono - Are you old enough to remember Sally Starr, Chief Halftown, Sawdust Sam, and Wee Willie Webber? HELL YEAH!  I'mma 63.  Also doctor shock and dick clark and captain noah.

Anitia Moorecock - has the mistress ever did a lap dance for you yet? I don't think I'm her type...

Deedles - Thanks ever so. I don't know how to get that mental picture out of my head now, so I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy it! bwhahahahahaha!

Debra She Who Seeks - Have you always been strongly politicized? no, not until 2016.  I went to my first campaign rally in chicago in 1992 (the clinton/gore years) and I was very excited to vote for barack obama in 2008.  but this dump asstwat lit a fire under my ass!  hillary was robbed!

Her Royal Highness - Who cares about you? TELL US ABOUT YOUR CATS!  all my cats have been rescues.  I rescued my first (sydney) in 1991.  since then, sydney, kelly, steven, and meredith have crossed the rainbow bridge.  nyla, gigi, and oreo are my current companions.

Deedles - How tall are you, cuz your personality screams 7 feet! I would also like to hear more about the cats :) 5'2" (was 5'3" but I shrank in the wash).  see above for the cats.

mistress maddie - Your always so thrilling and amusing. If you could be a amusement ride, what would you be???? And can I be first? a fun house and yes

Dave R - Your vocabulary is simply amazing? The ALL CAPS, the phrasing... did you learn that in grammar school? I went to catholic school for 16 years.  they made me the foul mouth I am today.

Terri - If you had to pick one season, to enjoy year round which would it be? autumn

Anonymous - Any plans for a Bloggerpalooza #3. The last 2 looked like such fun.  no

Thanks for playing along!

18 comments:

  1. Great answers and some made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I feel like I know you better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://frommybraintomymouth.blogspot.com/2012/08/just-who-is-this-upstart-blogger.html

      it's a bit dated, but 98% is still true.

      Delete
  2. See, I knew your were seven feet tall! So it's all inward, no matter, that's what makes you so amazing. Seven feet in a five foot two frame, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. it's not that I don't like dogs, abby. doggies require more time & attention than I have to give. kitties are pretty much self caring; they just depend on their human staff for food/water/clean little boxes/toys.

      Delete
  4. Still waitin' on that soup!

    Loved the answers, AM, they are totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a wonderful idea, and I love the responses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great questions and answers. Since I'm a newer reader, I enjoyed reading that, I learned alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is why I did a post like this. besides, mistress maddie dared me into it.

      Delete
    2. http://frommybraintomymouth.blogspot.com/2012/08/just-who-is-this-upstart-blogger.html

      it's a bit dated, but 98% is still true.

      Delete
  7. What a great read! We don't get to know to much of you, so this was a great way. r any of us doing what we went to school for???

    Remind me to have you make me noodle soup...sounds yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :)

      if you wanted some veggies in your soup, I would add carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms.

      Delete