Saturday, November 7, 2020

Saturday Night #BlackLivesMatter Protest Party! (Part 19)

This is how I am feeling right now.

In memory of Marcellis Stinnette.

"As people exercise their right to protest all across the country––let the undeniable paths of our progress be a guide going forward: peaceful, sustained protest; strategic, committed organizing; and purposeful, overwhelming participation at the ballot box.” - Barack Obama, August 2020 

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY (November 7) to Jay and (November 8) to Dave and (November 9) to Gregg (Jennifer's spouse).

PPS - In memory of homeboy Len Barry (passed November 5), so RECOGNIZE!



This week's guest star - MARVIN GAYE!













 

30 comments:

  1. What's Going' On demonstrates the genius of Marvin Gaye.

    I always thought the Bristol Stomp was about Bristol, England. I had no idea it was about Bristol, Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bristol, PA! Hoorah!!

    Isn't it interesting how the gun toating MAGAs are the ones protesting, and getting arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to Dave R (above), In Ft Lauderdale, MAGAs are shooting gays and Latinos with paint balls and BB guns in drive byes. The Wilton Manor Police has increased its presence. What is funny (odd) to me is the lack of US flags (magas) on the houses. I'm sure it will probably get worse.
    So, "What's Going On" is the perfect song for today.
    Smooch....nice lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got an awful lot of sleep to catch up on, W.Q., though it's looking increasingly likely it can be done pretty soon now - and with a huge, satisfied grin on my face.

    Wishing you all there in Philly [the 'saviour' city] a truly great w/e. It'll be well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as of this morning, 98.6% of the votes have been counted across PA. the remaining 1.4% are ballots from the military and other overseas citizens. but it ain't gonna change the results, no matter what the dump says!

      Delete
  5. I loves me some Marvin Gaye ... all of it.

    Happy Weekend AN! Happy 46, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a smooth voice. I h8 his damn father for shooting him!

      Delete
  6. I know I run the risk of getting (metaphorically) stoned to death, so I should probably keep my big mouth shut. I've never particularly cared for Marvin Gaye. Balder Half loves him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes....I will take a ample jahoobie hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. hey, I can't please everybody all of the time. you are entitled to your thoughts. I can't stand ABBA.

      Delete
    3. I think what it is with Marvin Gaye is, he was okay until I saw how he looked. He reminded me of a family "friend" who was a drunken pedophile. I do like Heard it Through the Grapevine, though. You have very good taste in not being able to stand ABBA, Carebear. Ick.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tunes! Have a great weekend. RJJS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite Marvin song will always be 'When Did You Stop Loving Me (When Did I Stop Loving You). Thanks for sharing all these, dear heart. And thanks for bringing Philly 'home'. My heart to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eagerly awaiting the Pennsylvania count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see my comment to raybeard above. the dump is a LOSER, no matter what he thinks/says!

      Delete
  10. WE'RE EVICTING THE ORANGE PARASITE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GET THE GIN AND CHAMPANGE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL THE FUMIGATORS!!!!!! BIDEN AND HARRIS HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WE GOTS WORK TO DO TO CLEAN THIS MESS UP AND UNITE ONE AND ALL!! HAPPY FOR US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸΈπŸŽ‰πŸΈπŸŽˆπŸŽ†πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ†πŸ₯‚πŸΈπŸ₯‚πŸŽˆ✨πŸŽŠπŸŽ†πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't forget the smudge pots and wiccan incantations! that white house is a fucking mess!

      Delete
  12. This is positively the best Saturday night party in years. I didn't want to be late to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Jay and Dave!! Rest in Peace Len Barry...and oh what a smooth voice Marvin Gaye has!! Makes me want to get my romance on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, hopefully you played "sexual healing" as you got yer romance on...

      Delete
  14. A fabulous dance party Anne Marie! The Boy Scout and I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete