Sunday, November 18, 2012

Key Lime Pie (for Bob)


Since Bob said he loves key lime pie (see my last post), I thought I would put the recipe here so that he can make it for himself (and Carlos) by himself!

ingredients:

1 - 9 inch graham cracker pie shell (I cheat here and buy this premade at the grocery store)

1 - 14 ounce can SWEETENED condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

3 - egg yolks (yolks only, no whites)

1/2 cup - key lime juice (found in the baking needs aisle) key lime juice linky luv

assembly:

blend milk, egg yolks, key lime juice until smooth

pour into graham cracker crust

bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F

garnish with whipped creme (optional)

11 comments:

  1. bwhahahahahaha! you don't feel dirty after eating it.

    actually, it IS pretty cheap to make. my cost:

    $.99 - pie shell
    $1.19 - milk
    $.78 - dozen eggs
    $3.20 - key lime juice BUT each bottle makes 4 pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone loves Key Lime pie; his favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Anne Marie....here I am. You are a sweetheart. I love your attitude on life. I share your love of cats. I have two...one is a Hemingway cat (I live a couple of blocks from the Hemingway House), so he has two extra toes on his front paws...sweetest cat ever born.
    Come to Key West....we slice up Key Lime pies, freeze them and dip them in chocolate....my treat
    KWJoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYZ for new boyfriends! :)

      thanks for the compliments; I yam what I yam. I was born this way hey!

      a hemmingway cat...special indeed.

      as for the chocolate dipped key lime pie slices...(swoon).

      don't be a stranger; drop in more often! smooches!

      Delete
  4. no comments from the peanut gallery, please! :)

    ReplyDelete