1. Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
Young at heart. ALWAYS. I don't give a fuck and I will NEVER grow up.
2. What makes someone a best friend?
Someone who (1) listens to you without judgment; (2) loves you as you are, not as they want you to be; (3) respects you as an intelligent person.
3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?
My Oneida stainless tableware service for 12 from 1973. I still have it and use it every day.
4. Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life.
Books: "It's Always Something" - Gilda Radner; "You Are Special" - Fred Rogers. Both were gifts that came at particularly hard times in my life.
Song: "Born to be Wild" - Steppenwolf. FUCK YEAH!
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.
My brains; my weight.
6. Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with?
FUCK NO! Forward, not backward.
7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
Emotional and intellectual connections are most important to me.
8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
9. What holiday do you most look forward to?
The opening day of baseball season!!!!!eleventy!!!!! And Groundhog Day!
10. How is the relationship between you and your parents?
Does not exist.
11. You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
Not on in my house; I don't watch tv. For me, it's either the radio or music streamed from da internetz.
12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
"California Gurls" - Katy Perry; "Believe" - Cher.
13. You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.
Hell, EVERYONE knows the great Dr. Spo!
14. Have you ever read the "Missed Connections" on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
No and no and no.
15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
The Hudson River Valley in NY state.
16. Can money buy happiness?
17. Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
Drink in moderation - wine and liquor, no beer. Smoked cigaretts in college, but never got hooked. Tried pot once and gagged. Everybody needs a vice.
18. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names.
Hell, I have trust issues as it is. I don't trust ANYONE until I get to know them. And even then I am wary. Past hurts did this to me.
19. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
The beach; in particular Sea Isle City NJ, where my great aunt owned a beach house.
20. Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
3 times in my life (tonsil removal, widsom teeth removal, cancer).
21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?
Depends on the circumstances. A large blogger gathering in March has me excited. But an intimate tete-a-tete is also interesting.
22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?
I listen to whatever the fuck I want; I don't need anyone else's approval. I like anything but (c)rap and religious.
23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else?
Starting with my sperm donor, teachers, ex-husband, so-called "friends". I will NEVER be treated as a doormat by anyone ever again! And I will NEVER bully someone else; I know how much it hurts.
24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza. So many different ways to make it.
25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
No fucking way! I would think something was wrong with that person!
26. Do you believe in a god?
27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Twitter?
28. What’s your favorite hashtag to track?
See my answer to number 27.
29. Would you call yourself/your family "middle class?"
I ain't poor and I ain't rich, so I guess so.
30. Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended.
Don't have one. Have not watched tv since 1999.
31. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial?
Yeah. Fucking rip off!
32. If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you?
If I lived in the city with walkable access to everything, hell yeah! In the burbs, not so easy to walk; unless I had access to a zipcar or carshare.
33. If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say?
Back to childhood and turn over to the police all the people who bullied me. I would LOVE to see those fuckers rot in jail!
34. What’s your "quirkiest" habit?
Watching gay male-on-male porn.
35. What is "normal?" Are you normal?
Who the hell knows what "normal' is? I can only speak for myself.
36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer?
37. What is one thing you could never forgive?
The abuse I suffered for a large part of my life. Those people can go fuck themselves! See my answer to number 33.
38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single?
39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
What friends? If I had any, at their house or a restaurant.
41. Write the first sentence of your obituary.
"She lived her second life on her own terms."
42. What is the best TV theme song ever?
"Gilligan's Island". Or "Meet the Flintstones". EVERYONE knows those songs!
43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?
As a woman, we were taught to believe you could only be a mommy, an airline stewardess, a waitress, a nurse, a teacher, a secretary, or (if Catholic) a nun. This WAS the 1960s, after all.
44. When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked?
FUCK YEAH! Who doesn't?
45. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Gotta pee, cats want breakfast, gotta go to work to pay the mortgage/buy food/etc.
46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now?
I would like to have more friends...but my friends don't live near me. Quelle dommage. :(
47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
Re-electing the President, same-sex marriage being made legal in more states, gun violence.
48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job?
FUCK NO!!!!! I would go volunteer someplace to do some good for others.
49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work?
50. What’s the best route to your heart?
Kind eyes, a nice smile, an air of confidence, intelligence.
51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, and then met them in real life?
Sure. Blogger friends. Some I have met IRL and some I will meet in March!
52. What is your favorite sport?
Baseball (to watch).
53. What has been troubling you lately?
54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven’t gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn’t go, why not?
I went to an all-girls catholic high school. I didn't know any boys.
55. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning?
Both at the same time.
56. Do you know what makes you happy?
Knitting, books, music, baseball, train travel, cats, MST3K, my gay boyfriends.
57. Tell me about the last book you read.
"You Only Rock Once", an autobio of Jerry Blavat (a Philly DJ). Interesting Philly and music history from the early days of rock and roll. Jerry is now in his 70s and is STILL going strong.
58. What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given?
That I am a beautiful woman.
59. Who was your first crush?
60. Do you believe that there is life on other planets?
61. Predict what your life will look like a year from now.
How the hell can I do that? I don't know what I am doing in the next HOUR, let alone the next YEAR!
62. Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began.
Spouse placed a personal ad in a free Washington DC paper. I answered it. The rest is history.
63. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
Philly cheesesteaks & pizza - Olympia
Thai - Pho Thai Nam
Chinese - Minado
Mexican - El Serape
BBQ - Smokehouse Tavern
Indian - Aman's
All of these places are local, no chains (no rubbish).
64. What is something you want to change about your current situation?
Bring in more income.
65. Early bird or night owl?
66. Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to?
No. WHY would I want to be reminded of a painful childhood?
67. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
I think people should stop having children; we're overloaded with too damn many spoiled spawn now.
68. What was the last song that was stuck in your head?
"The Nothing Song" - Bruno Mars
69. Where do you live?
I live in Norristown PA; it's a Philly suburb. It's near King of Prussia, home to the East Coast's largest shopping mall. Not that I ever go there; you could not PAY me enough to do that!
70. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
FUCK NO! Earn it, dammit! See my answer to number 67.
71. What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken?
10.5 hours to Columbus OH. UGH (the car ride, not Columbus).
72. Have you ever taken part in a protest?
In person, no. Through phone calls, e-mails, petitions - yes.
73. Would you ever use an online dating service?
SURE, WHY NOT?
74. What is your ethnic heritage?
British, Czech, Austrian.
75. Describe a person that inspires you.
Eleanor Roosevelt - she was born into wealth, but was selfless in her goal to help others.
76. If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
As long as I could meet my financial obligations, yeah.
77. Do you believe in luck?
Not sure; karma is a cruel bitch though!
78. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone.
A co-irker. I wanted to smash this person's head against the wall numerous times. It's been 2 months and I am still keeping said person at arm's length; speak only when necessary.
79. Do you want to live until you’re 100?
FUCK YEAH! I wanna be the first in my family to do it.
80. Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change?
We ALL change over time. And it's difficult to juggle a relationship during the change. Hell, I don't know how many times I have changed over the past 20 years!
81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them?
Yep; the friendships ended because of it.
82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends?
83. Do you practice what you preach?
I try; I am not always successful.
84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly?
I am not reckless; I tend to stay grounded in reality.
85. What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence?
Intelligence IS attractive.
86. Are you hard-headed?
87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate?
88. When have you felt most alive?
When I am knitting, when the sun is shining and the birds are singing, when the cats purr for attention.
89. Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
90. Do you often skip breakfast?
No, not a good idea. Fucks up your body metabolism.
91. How do you know what true love is?
When even imagining your life without him in it hurts too much.
92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
FUCK NO! Surprise me!
93. Where is "home" for you?
Home is in my house with my cats and spouse.
94. What song best describes your life right now?
95. Do you want to be perfect?
No. And I have the common sense to realize that; most people don't.
96. What have you never tried, but would really like to someday?
Traveling in an RV.
97. How do you express your creativity?
98. Describe your neighborhood.
Suburban, quiet yet on a busy street, about 17 miles from Philadelphia, great access to major roads and public transportation. Single family houses, no kids, mostly cats, a few older people whose kids are grown and moved away.
99. Name something you only liked because it was popular.
Smoking cigarettes in college. YUCK!
100. Give me the story of your life in six words.
I am alive, I have survived.