Monday, July 17, 2017

So I Won Another Award (with an update)

Somebody thinks I am worthy.

Anyway, here is the award:



But, like anything worthwhile, it comes with a set of rules (dammit). 

Rule 1. Put the award/logo image on your blog. 

Rule 2. List the rules. 

Rule 3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.  Thanks to Toni at http://musingsfrommara.blogspot.com 

Rule 4. Also mention the creator of the award and provide a link.  The Mystery Blogger award was created by Okoto Enigma. 

Rule 5. Tell your readers three things about yourself. (1) born & bred in philly and damn proud of it, (2) 28 year cancer survivor, (3) knitter. 

Rule 6. Nominate other bloggers (in no particular order; I don't play favorites):

Dr. Spo
Dave
Fearsome Beard
R.J. (San Diego)
Mitchell 

Rule 7. Nominate those people (this rule is stupid; we already did that in Rule 6). 

Rule 8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, plus one weird or funny question.

1.  What deceased person would you like to meet and why?

2.  Truth or Dare?

3.  What is your creative talent?

4.  Clothing - necessary or useless?

5.  What is the first name of your BFF?

Weird/funny question - what is your fave tune that ALWAYS makes you smile? 

Rule 9. Share a link to my blog's best post.

UPDATE: Toni "reminded" me that I forgot to answer her questions.  So here goes:

1)  What made you decide to start blogging? - I was dared into it by several friends.

2) Do you have any schedule for posting or is it spontaneous? - My Saturday Night Protest Party is my only scheduled scribble; otherwise, it's when the mood strikes me.

3) Have you ever been in a situation that seemed bad but ended up leading to something positive? - So many shitty jobs have always led to something better; I have been in my current position 14 years come October.

4) Ever given up on reading a book but then gone back to it later? - Only one: Gilda Radner's "It's Always Something".  I was given that book when I was fighting my own cancer battle.  It took me 3 tries to go from cover to cover 2 years past my diagnosis.

 
5) Name one main goal that you want to achieve in the next year. - New wills, living wills, advance directives completed and signed.  We ain't getting any younger!

 
Funny/weird question: What would be your current protagonist's go-to song in karaoke? If you're not working on a book at the moment, name a song for your favourite book character. - Eleanor Roosevelt would sing "I Won't Back Down" (and she didn't).

32 comments:

  1. Congrats, your royalness! It seems winning comes with a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting credit where credit is due, W.Q. Well done - and we all know that you'll keep the right royal standard up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Anne Marie, but hey, aren't you supposed to answer TONI's list of 6 questions too? I ask because I just spent yesterday answering them myself! My post won't be up until the last week of July though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! You forgot to answer my questions! Geez! I thought Debra was the rule breaker!

      Delete
    2. cheese louise! I LIKE breaking all the rules! see the new UPDATE post, both of you!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! A more deserving blogger there is not, especially one from Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Now I'm stumped. I think if I nominate 5 people there will certainly be overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. What deceased person would you like to meet and why? JFK. We could use his expertise on how to deal with the Russians.

    2. Truth or Dare? Dare

    3. What is your creative talent? It's a tossup between drawing and trolling.

    4. Clothing - necessary or useless? Necessary when you're out and about.

    5. What is the first name of your BFF? Kent

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I forgot the weird/funny question -- I'll go with Nasty Girls by Holychild. It's a catchy tune I hear all the time while playing The Sims 4.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, got the nod, so I best get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice!....at least you didn't get two big boobie prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! RJJS

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those rules for an award! I'm giving you an award for the 'Biggest Jahoobies in Blogland' and you don't need to do a damn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a lot of trouble Anne-Marie. And what is a BFF? Is it a new model of mobility scooter - like a the recently launched CVA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why hello YP! a BFF is a "best friend forever". smooches from across the pond! :)

      Delete
  13. I'll be right on this after I recover from Comic-Con. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you went back and answered questions.

    I will forever envision you, Eleanor and Gilda, arm in arm, marching down Philadelphia's main streets wearing knit sweating emblazoned with the words "FUCKING RESIST"!

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete