Anyway, here is the award:
But, like anything worthwhile, it comes with a set of rules (dammit).
Rule 1. Put the award/logo image on your blog.
Rule 2. List the rules.
Rule 3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Thanks to Toni at http://musingsfrommara.blogspot.com
Rule 4. Also mention the creator of the award and provide a link. The Mystery Blogger award was created by Okoto Enigma.
Rule 5. Tell your readers three things about yourself. (1) born & bred in philly and damn proud of it, (2) 28 year cancer survivor, (3) knitter.
Rule 6. Nominate other bloggers (in no particular order; I don't play favorites):
R.J. (San Diego)
Rule 7. Nominate those people (this rule is stupid; we already did that in Rule 6).
Rule 8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, plus one weird or funny question.
1. What deceased person would you like to meet and why?
2. Truth or Dare?
3. What is your creative talent?
4. Clothing - necessary or useless?
5. What is the first name of your BFF?
Weird/funny question - what is your fave tune that ALWAYS makes you smile?
Rule 9. Share a link to my blog's best post.
UPDATE: Toni "reminded" me that I forgot to answer her questions. So here goes:
1) What made you decide to start blogging? - I was dared into it by several friends.
2) Do you have any schedule for posting or is it spontaneous? - My Saturday Night Protest Party is my only scheduled scribble; otherwise, it's when the mood strikes me.
3) Have you ever been in a situation that seemed bad but ended up leading to something positive? - So many shitty jobs have always led to something better; I have been in my current position 14 years come October.
4) Ever given up on reading a book but then gone back to it later? - Only one: Gilda Radner's "It's Always Something". I was given that book when I was fighting my own cancer battle. It took me 3 tries to go from cover to cover 2 years past my diagnosis.
5) Name one main goal that you want to achieve in the next year. - New wills, living wills, advance directives completed and signed. We ain't getting any younger!
Funny/weird question: What would be your current protagonist's go-to song in karaoke? If you're not working on a book at the moment, name a song for your favourite book character. - Eleanor Roosevelt would sing "I Won't Back Down" (and she didn't).