I thought I would steal this from Jim.
Here are 5 jobs I have had from 1970-2013; which one is the lie?
1. variety store cashier
2. book manuscript typist
3. hotel front desk clerk
4. customer service center telephone worker
5. office manager
Place your bets, folks!
Well, since Raybeard is so impatient, I guess I had better respond. ;-)
1. variety store cashier - TRUE. my first job at age 16. the store owner paid me under the table in cash (not exactly kosher), and they wanted me to (a) dust the glass display shelves and (b) follow the customer around the small store as if the person were a common thief. well! (a) - I hate housework and (b) - WRONG on every count! I didn't last too long there.
2. book manuscript typist - TRUE. mid-1970s, pre-computer days, IBM selectric typewriter with carbon paper in between the sheets. I did this job for a college professor; he paid me in booze. The book sold about 100 copies.
3. hotel front desk clerk - TRUE. for 3 weeks in 2000; sweet mother of pearl, what a load of horseshit! I don't know how dear Ron puts up with the crap. plus all my co-workers smoked at the desk whilst on duty. my allergies were not happy.
4. customer service center telephone worker - LIE. I would not take a job like this EVAH!
5. office manager - TRUE. this is my current position; going on 10 years now.
Congrats to Jim and the corporate slave!