Monday, September 1, 2014

Muggy Monday Holiday Scenes

Today is a holiday weekend for us here in the USA.  My fat ass did not move until 9a this morning; sweet!

So here are some things going on around the house.


It's fucking HOT today, but Gigi and Nyla are spending time on the sunporch.  Why yes, that IS wood/starter logs for the fireplace (so NOT needed today) and a bag o birdseed for the outdoor feeder.


 
Meanwhile, Oreo is lounging on the kitchen table next to the treat bag.



Hey Sluggy, is this one of your relatives on my porch door?  Photo of the underside of a garden slug; (s)he slithered off for parts unknown.


 
Early birthday present from SIL - homemade pineapple upside down cuppycakes.  YUMMY YUM!



The first red sweet peppers from the garden!


 
Spouse's new computer keyboard; he fried his old one this morning (spilled cawfee).



The start of a spiral baby blanket; my personal trainer (at the gym) and his wife are having a baby in November.

18 comments:

  1. The cats, and the slug, have the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried taking a nap; wasn't happening. so I got up and emptied the dishwasher.

      Delete
  2. I love your felines and I want some of those pineapple upsidedown cuppycakes.
    Talk about HOT - - - it's 105 degrees here in the wilds of Texas today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 88F and 100% humidity in philly today; summer has arrived! tough to breathe out there.

      wish I could send you some cuppycakes, but they would probably fall apart in transit.

      the pussies LOVE your adoration!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY LABOR DAY! You had to know I was going to comment on the cupcakes... YUM! Recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I know SIL made them in her cuppycake pan...I'mma guessing 1/2 cherry & 2 pineapple chunks in the bottom of each well, then a brown sugar/butter topping, then yellow cake batter. bake and turn out onto cooling rack.

      SIL says her family loves them. I can ask her for the recipe if you like.

      Delete
  4. Happy labor day sweetcheeks!!!! Reception hit or miss here. I am loving the heat, as I love the hot weather. Always love the puss shots, but WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING about spilled beverages over a keyboard. ps. got your message, I will be in touch with some dates, it sbeen hard to read emails when not coherent,lol,lol,lol!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how do YOU know I have sweetcheeks? you have never looked, nor touched! :)

      are you typing this message under the table AGAIN?

      Delete
  5. the cakes look yummy! It looks like the cats run your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you BET the cats are in charge; they woke me up at 4:30a today for breakfast, and mommy dragged her fat ass outta bed to cater to their needs.

      Delete
  6. I would never leave the house if I had cute kitties and pineapple upside-down cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, honey, adopt a kitty from a shelter and make yourself some cakes!

      Delete
  7. Cool post!!! Love the pictures!!! And you got pineapple upside down cake! I am jealous!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my SIL knows I have a sweet tooth and a soft spot for her home baked goodies.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. glad you like them; spouse ate one last evening and pronounced it DELICIOUS!

      Delete
  9. Pineapple upside down cups cakes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete